Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Te Whare Wananga o Otago

Posted by Siew Lee at 11/08/2011 08:30:00 PM
I realised that I don't actually have a post about my university, what a bad student I am. (*knockonmyead*)

Not like I'm gonna write a a review about every single institutions that I've attended so far, but yeah I think this one is a little bit worth of mention.

WHY?

1. My first time away from home (such a typical line for an overseas student, but who cares, ITS REALLY MY FIRST TIME AWAY FROM HOME! *chillchill*)

2. Its a beautiful university (ok for the fact that its located in a beautiful city)

3. Seems like I'm homesick that I have to express everything out here. actually, I'm not.

4. Its a beautiful city that I couldn't stop writing about its beauty. maybe not, its more like a town to me.


If you've known me enough, I'm actually very lame. So by the time you finished that 4 points, I was practically crapping. (on your face :D) Ya, some are true points, some may seems more like a sarcasm, but no, its really a beautiful place.

Crap I always thought that I can write really fast but seems like I'm going away from the topic again. ignore me.

This is my university























Its actually a building that could resemble my uni. This Clock Tower is like a tourism spot in Dunedin. I remembered once a customer told me that "that Clock Tower in your uni is very famous huh?", I immediately go speechless. For the fact that I don't know exactly what's the building for. Probably an admin/registry building.
If I have taken that picture above when the weather is sunny and good, that picture will look so much nicer and much much prettier. (it wasn't a picture that I've taken off the net)
Despite being described as an XL size campus, I don't find this university that big. If I'm not mistaken, this uni is further divided into 3 campus: Central, East and South. My classes took place in Central campus thus far. East campus is the College of Education; South campus is the School of Medicine.

St David Lecture Theatre

This is the lecture hall that most of my classes took place. A very nice lecture hall, very new, clean and modern.

New building for Foundation studies opposite St David Lecture Theatre
Proctors Office beside St David
Food Science lab. Like a real kitchen!

Otago University Student Association


Central Libary. LOVE this place when I first entered!



There's still lots of buildings in the uni, but I've yet to take pictures of them.
The Chemistry building, and the Microbiology building are well-equipped and well-maintained despite its history.
I personally like the library the most, it gives me a really good feeling to just pick a book and sit there and read. Moreover, we're allowed to bring food and drinks into the library. No, not McDonald's or Domino's that smell. Maybe its just me, but I like to be surrounded by books, its a must-go place during the holidays. Just by thinking of it makes me feel satisfied, already.
I enjoyed studying here, for it gives me a really good student life. Being a campus city, the university gives its students all of the experiences that you could have, an once in a lifetime chance.

3 comments:

Liki on November 10, 2011 at 2:39 PM said...

Wow the pictures you took are awesome!!

Siew Lee on November 10, 2011 at 8:08 PM said...

Thanks!! you also can take them! :D

Anonymous said...

live173live173live173live173live173live173live173live173live173live173

 

●●爱讲话de笨蛋●● Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting