Wednesday, September 8, 2010

JobsDB

Posted by Siew Lee at 9/08/2010 04:33:00 AM
26/11/2009- 3/12/2009
Well I think I did stated before that I was keen on job hunting and if there's a chance I will grab it to work. I don't know its for me to purely earn extra money or I wanted to fill my life so that its not that much of resting and slacking. To be exact, this is the time that I'm truly resting, currently unemployed. =)
So, I got this short-term must-do for everyday, job hunting even I'm just awake. To my surprise, I got this job pretty easy as they urgently need people for only 1 week, just data entry. It was early in the morning (25/11/2009) that I found this post on forum, I remember replying it(the post) asap after I saw that. And my instinct told me I should give her a call or sms. I did, no reply. She was on a meeting or whatsoever it is. I don't like the person in charge, she's lack of some simple manners, in greeting people or answering question. I know I'm the one that's supposed to act nice but please, don't act bs, I don't really mind getting another job. But of course I wouldn't do so as the pay was rm7/per hour and for the sake of 1 week. I just bare with it. Oh did I mention that she totally didn't act like its an urgent matter oppose to what she wrote in the post.
Luckily I get another place for my sis as well, or not I would need to survive in that place till I yawn for n times.
Its very soon that the next day we're required to go to work. No interviews. No typing speed test. The company was JobsDB. funny huh? I'm working in a company that is looking for job for candidates. haha!
I could barely remember the scenario when I first entered that company. As usual, simply greeting to the person in reception. note, at that time there's no receptionist there despite its working hour.It was some random worker there and asked us who were we looking for.
The question came, WHO WAS SHE? damn. she didn't even tell us her name though I know its our part to get info. luckily I did remember her user name in the forum. phew luckily it wasn't some fancy name like starcraft, l4d, pinkylady, meow, and etc. or else I really don't know how.
We were being "invited" into a..... room. Somehow like an interview room. small. empty. a table with a cable phone. duh! looks like someone is going to interview us I presume.
In fact, not. nothing at all. We were there in the room just to wait for the lady to settle things down.
I wasn't complaining.. Ok, I am. I don't like her. haha.
bla bla bla tick tock tick tock.. time flies.
Our job: just to key in candidate's data into the system
SIMPLE. EASY.
and
boring.
lol
It was a smart idea to tag my sis along with me. As we enter the data of different candidates, sometimes we do encounter some funny stuff to share. like seriously alot. haha.
but the job is
TIRING
just the shoulder part. Although we do type very fast, and you might think we should get things done faster, it is, but that's the con. Severe muscleache we encounter..
and one more thing..
that office is COLD. SUPER. I became penguin. xD
to my surprise, almost all of them in the office, speak in Mandarin.
O.O
its awkward there if you talk in English.
there's another temp staff that joined us after few days I think.. a guy.from local university.couldn't remember so much details la. he is seriously.. weird. I mean, he look innocent, but as I always practise, do not judge a book by its cover. He is that type of person that you need to talk carefully. As far as I know. As what Adrian said, how do we not judge a book by it's cover. if the book itself chooses and presents itself to be seen in that manner, in that cover. and sooner that I realise that, he types slow, utterly slow, but I do not understand how he could finish the stack of data same speed as us or sometimes even faster.
There comes the trick. he's SMART. damn. I mean, you know how, he types in certain "format" of certain column that people usually writes, and then, COPY AND PASTE. damn. for me this is cheating. even its just a temp job, but please, responsibility. duh. from that on, I do not even bother to talk to him. haha.
The company is situated in Wisma UOA building near KL convention centre (not the bangsar one). Supposingly, to settle our lunches shouldn't be of big problem, but often, we do not know where and what to eat. As we only know KLCC has more eatery, and another problem comes, there's at least 10mins to get there and get a seat. not till the part that you order food and finally start eating. So most of the time our lunches become very rush and sometimes we just bring our own food there to eat.
To get to know the people there more, communicate with them, is hard. They hmm either is too busy or just don't bother to talk, except Mr. Chuah, nice guy that we met there and helped us alot when the lady in charge doesn't bother much. They talk to themselves, only, and maybe the computer. haha.
There's this afternoon, Mr.Chuah offer us to have lunch with him and the lady in charge, together with some from other department.
That experience has nothing to talk about. We practically just follow them, as in really follow to eat and pay the bill and get your butt back to your working seat. They have their own talk, we don't join, and wouldn't want to join, except certain part did they just ask abit about us. bah. Expected.
As we cannot change that fact, my sis and I just enjoyed anything ourselves. Who cares. haha!




tag..




act cool


last day..hence the smile..haha


work desk


no acting! XD


acting xD


put on jacket.(curi-ed from sis)


looks like penguin or not? =p


nah that's the result. extremities.


rushing on this.. typed super fast(in my capability) just to get things done on last day


swt

Didn't get to say goodbye to Mr.Chuah.. the others? I don't care. booo! haha!
still need to go back there to get our cheque.. issh.. asking to bank in might need additional days to finish I guess, didn't bother to ask.

-End-

0 comments:

 

●●爱讲话de笨蛋●● Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting